My work has been focused primarily in, India, Kenya, Senegal, Indonesia, USA , Australia and Armenia. My current role with World Vision International is to lead a global team of advisers, specializing in economic, agricultural and small business development, markets systems and financial services to provide expertise and support to World Vision staff in over 40 countries . I am based in the Philippines.
Previously with World Vision International I was Economic Development Learning Hub Lead for the Middle East and Eastern Europe and for World Vision Australia, I founded and lead the Social Entrepreneurship and Economic Development Unit (SEED), a team of economic development specialists creating and supporting innovative initiatives in poor communities from Africa to the Asia Pacific from Senegal to Timor Leste.
My primary experience includes the design and development of projects that include:
- Community mobilization and development initiatives
- The evaluation of local economic opportunities and competitive advantage
- Youth workforce development, vocational education and training and skill development.
- Small business and entrepreneurship development
- Markets development particularly value chain development
- The utilisation of financial services particularly microfinance and savings groups
My core competencies are in:
- Project design, implementation and evaluation and trouble shooting in local economic development
- Facilitation and management of partnerships with public, private and government stakeholders
- Training needs assessments and the design and delivery of training in local economic development methodologies
- Staff mentoring
- Negotiation, conflict resolution and mediation system design, training or service delivery